Ontario health officials are reporting 1,676 COVID-19 hospitalizations as of Saturday along with 13 additional deaths.
Of these patients, 188 are being treated in intensive care.
The majority of people in intensive care – about 64% – were admitted for COVID-19 while the remaining 36% tested positive after being admitted for other conditions.
This brings the total number of people who have died in Ontario from contracting COVID-19 to 12,825. Three of the most recent deaths were reported in long-term care residents.
With just over 16,800 tests processed in the past 24 hours, the Department of Health says the province’s positivity rate now stands at around 13.8%.
Authorities recorded an additional 2,749 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, although with testing restrictions the number is considered an underestimate.