Anthony Albanese says he expects election rules to be followed after Andrew Charlton ‘watch’

An AEC spokesperson said: ‘In line with other similar matters, we will review the circumstances. If the circumstances dictate that the matter be referred to AFP for investigation, then that is what we will do.”

Labor took a risk in installing outsider Charlton as the candidate for Parramatta, and so the coalition heavily targeted the seat.

Charlton said The Sydney Morning Herald and age earlier this week that his former residence in the eastern suburbs “was public knowledge” and that he had received great support from local union members.

Charlton said he and his wife would remain in the electorate even if he lost on May 21.

“I think people want to know what you’re going to do, what your plans are, how hard you’re going to work and see what you can deliver,” the 43-year-old said.

Leave a Comment