New Zealand woman loses weight after quitting keto diet

A woman who struggled to lose weight shared how she managed to lose weight permanently after quitting the keto diet.

A woman has shared how she managed to lose 20kg for good – and that doesn’t involve cutting out the carbs.

Brittany McCrystal said a mix of “partying too much” and transitioning to a full-time office job – located near a food court – caused her to slowly gain weight.

The 26-year-old said she didn’t realize how much her body had changed, until she jumped on the scale at a friend’s house and was shocked at the number staring at her.

“I didn’t even really notice the weight going up,” Hamilton’s wife said.

“I started partying a bit, so I drank a lot and ate a lot of fast food. I just didn’t take care of my body.

“Then I started working as a travel agent in an office, so I was very sedentary all day.

“It was also located in a mall, close to the food court, so I often ate my meals and snacks at fast food outlets.

“It took about a year to gain weight, and people were commenting casually.

“I felt sad about how I looked, I didn’t like wearing anything short or sleeveless.

“Then one day I stepped on the scale and reached my heaviest weight of 82kg. At that moment I knew I had to change my life.”

Brittany said she was overwhelmed with all the different types of weight loss methods and didn’t know what to turn to.

After hearing that carbs would hinder weight loss, she gave them up and switched to a high-protein, high-fat keto diet for 7 months.

Although she lost 10kg initially, Brittany said she felt “absolutely awful” – and once she quit keto, she regained all the weight.

“There’s so much information out there, but what we need to do to lose weight,” she said.

“It’s so easy to get confused by all the different messages going around.

“I started doing keto because I heard carbs were bad and you could lose weight.

“I lost 10kg, but once I stopped I got it all back. I also felt so bad about it, I even went to see my doctor.

“I was just not eating enough, it was too restrictive and ultimately hurt my weight loss journey.”

Brittany has since lost 20kg since quitting keto and now weighs 59kg – adding that the key to her weight loss was balance.

She now enjoys all the foods she likes in moderation and has learned to make her favorite foods a little healthier.

She also trains 4-5 times a week and shares her incredible progress on her TikTok and Instagram pages.

“I like to live by the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I keep things healthy and balanced, and the other 20% I enjoy all the things I love, like fast food and wine. .

“When I was heaviest, I loved fatty Chinese food and any Asian food like noodles and pulled pork.

“I still enjoy these meals, but now I can make them healthier and incorporate them into my regular diet.

“It’s the key to long term weight loss, you need to enjoy it and keep it sustainable for your lifestyle.

“Mentally, I’m so much clearer and much more positive.

“Writing in my journal has been a huge help to me and every day I write what I am grateful for.”

Brittany’s weight loss also changed the trajectory of her career.

While working as a travel agent, she turned to the fitness industry – and now has legions of followers on TikTok and Instagram whom she inspires with her content.

She also created her own fitness app “BrittFit”, which offers hundreds of healthy recipes and workout routines.

“People are seeing my transformation on TikTok, and many have said I look like a different person.

“I like being able to inspire and help others, it’s my passion now.

“I think what I would say to anyone looking to lose weight is just to start. That’s the hardest part.

“The best investment you can make is in yourself and your health.”

Read related topics:ICT Tac

Leave a Comment