HERBALIFE Nutrition, the world’s leading nutrition company, today released its inaugural Global Responsibility Report 2020. The report highlights the company’s dedication to enabling sustainable progress and growth in communities around the world and outlines a commitment to operating in a socially responsible manner including supporting social and environmental initiatives A philanthropy that yields significant and measurable results for nourishing people and the planet.
To focus more on its impact on societies, economic opportunity, and the planet, the report includes Herbalife Nutrition’s pledge to create 50 million positive impacts by 2030, the company’s 50th anniversary, and showcases over 3.8 million positive impacts reached in 2020, including for example Not limited to the following:
* Donate, with the Herbalife Nutrition Foundation (HNF*), more than 975,000 meals and nutritional support funds for families and communities
* Recycling more than 766,000 kg of packaging materials and other materials
* Reach, with HNF, to more than 367,000 beneficiaries through non-profit partnerships
For more than 40 years, Global Nutrition has focused on improving societies, from helping people improve their nutrition with scientifically backed products to providing economic opportunity through a direct selling business model. Given the company’s experience, size, network, and global reach, CSR initiatives leverage these strengths to improve communities in three meaningful areas: enabling greater access to nutrition, increasing access to economic opportunity, and enhancing environmental stewardship. To ensure the greatest possible impact, the company has aligned its global responsibility goals with those set by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
“Our commitment to nurturing people and the planet is integral to our daily activities and our long-term growth strategy. Together, these forces are changing lives, and changing the world,” said John Agonobi, Chairman and CEO. .
He added, “By releasing our first Global Responsibility Report, we renew our commitment to the principles and actions of the past four decades, but most importantly, we look to the future.”
The 2020 Report focuses on Herbalife Nutrition’s core principles of nurturing healthy communities, nurturing economic opportunity, and nurturing a prosperous planet through initiatives that include:
* Handling global food stocksThrough the Zero Hunger Nutrition Initiative, the company is committed to ending global hunger and food insecurity by:
* Eliminate inequalities in nutrition, health and hunger in societies around the world
Providing vital resources and nutritional expertise through global nonprofit partners
* Collaborate with leading global organizations such as the World Food Program USA, Feed the Children and The Hunger Project, drawing on their guidance as to where the resources are most needed in the different communities they serve
* Enable Entrepreneurship: The company’s experience in supporting independent distributors worldwide can be applied to support programs around the world as follows:
Providing a viable economic opportunity for individuals who wish to earn or supplement their income through a direct selling business model
Leverage its expertise and support organizations with programs around the world to promote the economic empowerment of underrepresented communities and promote entrepreneurship
* Promoting diversity, equality and inclusion: As a global company operating in 95 markets, the company recognizes diversity as a strength. The Company will work to ensure greater diversity, equality and inclusion in the workplace, including through:
* Provide a place for employees to grow and thrive, enabling them to better serve the company’s distributors, stakeholders and communities around the world
Creating opportunities for talent diversity at all levels
* Connect leaders with employees about career advancement opportunities to advance fairness and equality for people of all backgrounds
* Encouraging affiliation by ensuring diversity exemplified in all communications and materials both internally and externally
* Reaching Vulnerable Minority CommunitiesIn 2020, the company, along with HNF, has supported more than a dozen organizations including Chrysalis, the national and regional chapters of the League of Latin American Citizens (LULAC), the Los Angeles Urban League, the Sambhav Foundation and UnidosUS, among others. Others, reflecting the needs of diverse global, regional and local communities. In addition to financial donations, the company supports various programs through the following:
* Providing food and health resources
* Human rights and gender equality advocacy and advocacy
* Donate nutrient-dense products
* Setting goals to enhance environmental stewardship: The company is dedicated to working across its operations and supply chain to reduce and eliminate negative environmental impacts, with a focus on reducing greenhouse gas emissions and sustainable packaging. Some of these goals include:
* Achieve carbon neutral by 2050 in the company’s global factories, warehouses and offices
* Use 25% of the company’s post-consumer PCR resins for Formula 1 globally over the next two years in markets where permitted, eliminating over 475 metric tons of virgin plastic
* Reducing the use of plastic and eliminating waste where possible, including the worldwide disposal of plastic bags from sales and distribution centers
The report also shows how the company is institutionalizing the measurement of its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, which can be found online in Herbalife Nutrition’s ESG Index.
To view the full 2020 Global Responsibility Report: Feeding People and the Planet, visit www.IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com/global-responsibility. (Public relations)