An incredible fitness transformation inspired TikTok users and amassed over 2.8 million views on the platform.
The Gray’s Fitness page was created and is curated by brothers Tom and James, who share their fitness journey, hoping to inspire others to do the same, and also run a business helping people achieve their goals.
In the video titled “From Fat Nerd To Beast,” Tom Gray shares a montage of his transformation from 2014 to present.
The video shows him in the first slide as a young teenager, standing in an awkward pose with the text: “In 2014 I was bullied for being the ‘nerdy fat boy… so I decided to set myself a goal…months of training yielded little results…it was so hard I almost gave up…but I didn’t, I continued,” followed by a photo of a truly awesome pose known as the Human Flag, “I fell in love with my workout, my confidence skyrocketed, and now I’m helping others do the same. “
Before and after imaging
Before and after images have become a powerful tool on social media, especially in the health and fitness industries.
According to BCS Website Services: “One of the many benefits of using before and after photos is to show exactly what a product can do to dramatically change that person’s life. For products that support weight loss or beauty, showing such a dramatic change can help you convert visitors into customers quite easily.”
Fitness Software maintains that creating an emotional connection between you and the public is a good way to get people to seek out your services.
“Fitness product photography is one of the major sectors of the fitness industry. Many fitness brands focus only on their brand name and values. However, it is useful to focus on the appeal emotional to engage more customers.”
They also recommend several fitness brand photography tips:
Fitness Brand Photography Tips
- Many popular fitness brands include plus size models to help demonstrate their values. It also signals to people that their brand represents everyone.
- Successful companies humanize their brands. They connect their fitness brand photography with human beings. They use slogans and motivational words in their photography.
- Another key point is diversity, which includes models of different genders, age ranges, skin colors, and body types.
- Using an emotional scene will help engage more audiences, as some people have been there before. For example, tears of happiness, disappointment, or fearless smiles evoke a reaction from the audience. They also include models that represent their brand. The key points for success in fitness brand photography are diversity, inclusion and values.
- Many fitness companies create images of important occasions in people’s lives. You can be super creative here and bring your own approach. For example, you can organize a photo book based on fitness styles, including multiple fitness moves and fitness looks.
The video garnered positive and complimentary comments on TikTok, with some crediting the transformation video with kick-starting their own fitness journey.
User Tayla wrote, “Great job!!! Today was my first day in a long time getting back into a workout routine. 🥺 Feeling awkward but this video is helping.”
User866278156511 agrees to write, “This is hands down the best transformation I’ve seen on Tik Tok. You just showed that with hard work and persistence you can achieve your goals.”
Some users praised Tom’s ability to overcome his bullying experience. Vladicahdarda wrote, “😁 People don’t understand the power of words and how can affect anyone’s life. Sorry for the grammar mistakes. Great job!!!! well done!” and user lintymcginty said: “Actually it hurts me to see how sad you looked. Well done you have the strength to achieve your goals, even better you use it to help others x.”