CCTV call after man was left for dead in brutal homophobic attack in Manchester city center

Police investigating a homophobic assault that left a 22-year-old man with serious head and face injuries have released CCTV footage of a man and woman who detectives want to speak to. Morgan Fevre, from Didsbury, was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary from Manchester city center and then transferred to Salford Royal Hospital for emergency surgery to save his life.

He suffered a cerebral hemorrhage as well as a badly fractured cheekbone and eye socket. He was also left with three broken teeth and a badly broken nose, which was fractured in four places.

the Manchester Evening News reported in April how Morgan had moved to Manchester from Retford, Nottinghamshire, due to the city’s ‘inclusivity’. His father, Paul Fevre, said his son was approached by a man who made mocking comments about an item of clothing he was wearing. He said the thug then abused Morgan with a vile homophobic slur before attacking him.

READ MORE: The horror of the man for 48 HOURS after his release from prison

Morgan, who is now out of hospital, was attacked on Charlotte Street near Manchester’s Chinatown at around 1.35am on April 10 after a night out in the city center with friends.

In a statement providing an update on the case, Greater Manchester Police today said: ‘Manchester officers have released images of two people they would like to speak to about a serious assault in The incident on Charlotte Street at around 1.35am on April 10, victim Morgan Fevre, 22, was hospitalized with injuries to his face and head.

Morgan pictured in hospital

“After reviewing CCTV, officers have released footage of a man and a woman they would like to speak with.”

Detective Constable Lucy Hatton, of GMP’s Manchester City CID, said: ‘This was an unprovoked attack in the street which the victim has very little recollection of. Morgan was punched to the head, then fell to the ground and spent 10 days in hospital with head and facial injuries.

“He has now been discharged from hospital but is still suffering from the after-effects of the incident. We would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information – they should call the police on our dedicated 0161 hotline 856 6049 citing Incident 247 of 4/10/2022.”

Morgan – a support worker for adults with learning difficulties – moved to Manchester from the small market town of Retford to work more than a year ago. The force said the incident was being treated as a “homophobia-aggravated assault” and investigations by downtown detectives were continuing.

Morgan Fevre

Morgan’s father told the Manchester Evening News: “In 2022, for people to go by these names and have these things happen to them – it’s absolutely awful.

“Morgan went to Manchester thinking it was great – you can go out and be who you are. Then it happens. It knocked him down, but we’re all here for him. Without a shadow of a doubt , one of the reasons he came to Manchester was because of the inclusiveness of the city.”

Police continue to call on anyone with information about the attack to come forward.

Information can also be emailed to [email protected] or reported online using the LiveChat feature at you cannot report online, call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Sign up for MEN’s email newsletters to get the latest on sports, news, current affairs and more by following this link

Leave a Comment