A man is seriously injured after a combustion heater exploded in South Adelaide

Emergency crews rushed to the Back Valley property near Victor Harbor after 7.30am following reports the man had suffered severe burns.

The 32-year-old man was seriously injured, prompting a major emergency response.

The man was treated at the scene before being loaded onto a stretcher and airlifted to Royal Adelaide Hospital.

It is believed the man was helping to light a heater when the flames exploded and swirled around him.

The man remains in serious but stable condition.

Leave a Comment