Happy Wednesday, people of Southampton! Diane Witek here with everything you need to know in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Windy with sun and clouds. High: 55, low: 38.
Here are today’s top stories in Southampton:
- The City of Southampton has announced, “Operation medicine cabinet.” Instead of draining your old prescription drugs and polluting our delicate waterways, the SThe Outhampton City Police Department will be participating in the Drug Enforcement Agency’s National Drug Recovery Day on Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m..” Mark your calendar! (Facebook)
- Bibs arrive for the Paul Koster Memorial Benefit! Have you already registered? Sign up today and start your virtual 5K run/walk on May 1st! Click the link in our bio to register – you must register by May 1! (Facebook)
- Temple Israel will commemorate Holocaust Remembrance Day, April 27with a program featuring speakers Felice Katz, the Holocaust survivor’s daughter. Holocaust Remembrance Day marks the anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising on April 19, 1943. The event begins at the library at 5:30 p.m. (RiverheadLOCAL)
- To help save lives, some restaurant and bar owners are putting fentanyl test strips in bathrooms. Fentanyl test strips are becoming more common in bars, restaurants and venues across the country to combat Fentanyl overdose. (Patch)
Today in Southampton:
- NYS Math Assessments Grades 3-8 – Tuckahoe Common School District. (All day)
- Discovery Club: Life on Other Planets. (4:30 p.m.)
- Teen Views on the News (TV-ON) – City of Southampton Youth Office. (6:30 p.m.)
- Special meeting of the BOE – Budget ESBOCES/election of the board of directors. (6:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation: ⏳ “Count it down to our kitten shower! Help us get ready for #kitten season. We need Purina kitten food, Fancyfeast canned kitten food, #KMR liquid kitten formula. 😻 You can help by buying directly from our Amazon Kitten Registry. (Facebook) (Website)
- Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation: 🚨 “Stray cat found in Flanders on Suffolk Avenue. Safe at SASF. Please call 631-728-7387 ext 221 for any information.” (Facebook) (Website)
- Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation: “Here is 𝗔𝗯𝘂! 𝗔𝗯𝘂 is a beautiful mixed breed dog who weighs 40 pounds. We recently rescued him and three other people from a bad situation in Mexico. He is happy to be safe and sound in our shelter, but would like a forever home. (Facebook) (Website)
- Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation: 🚨”Dog found Stray dog found on Henry Road and County Road 39 Southampton. Safe at SASF, please call 631-728-7387 for any information.” (Facebook) (Website)
- Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse: “LICADD’s Addiction Hotline is still operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Clinicians are available to make treatment recommendations, provide information on how to stay safe and sober while on vacation. !” (Facebook) (Website)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Live music and fundraising for the Queen of Hearts raffle. (April 29)
- Ellen’s Run’s Spring Warm Up DANCE PARTY. (April 30)
- Hire a pro to tackle mom’s to-do list. (May 8)
- The producers. (May 12)
- Two forks and a cork 2022. (May 14)
- Add your event.
Do you like the Southampton Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s all for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update!
— Diane Witek
About me: Passionate writer, web designer, social media marketer and newly proclaimed baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.